segunda-feira, 18 de maio de 2009

VOCALIST IN PAIN

Dear Counselor,
I'm facing a really serious problem. I have just got a degree in business from a prestigious college, but I can't get a job. Companies call me for interviews when I send my CV, but when they meet me in person, I get no responses. Maybe that's because my hair is long and I wear an earring in my left ear. The thing is, I also play in a band and wouldn't like to become a different person just to get a job. Any advice???

Thanks a bunch,
Vocalist in pain

39 comentários:

  1. Dear Vocalist in Pain,

    All I can tell you is that you really have a serious problem. There's no case to become another person, it's a fact: You neet do have a good appearance to get a job, it is a condition that our society imposes on you. When you're looking for a job, you need to follow some rules, that include having an appearance acceptable to another person. I'm not saying that you don't have one, but the same society requires you a determined stereotype, that includes short hair and no-one kind of accessories like piercings, earrings or tattoos (this last one includes women). If you really need a job, you have to follow those rules, and be prepared to do it. I have too many close friends that have the same appearance that you describe in the letter, and all of them already have a job, without the need of cur his hair or take off his piercings and earrings. However, the kinf of job they have isn't very 'glamorous': One works in a lan house, another in a tattoo shop, something like that. What I'm saying to you is: The need you hae of a good appearance depends of what kind of job you want.

    That's all,
    The Counselor

    ResponderExcluir
  2. Dear Vocalist in pain,
    I think that you don't have a problem. The person that know you, and don't want you in his companies because your appearance is who have a problem! Mabe you have been looking for a job wrong! Search a job same you, like music, comerce of clothes of kind you wear...If you like your stile, don't change!

    ResponderExcluir
  3. hey man...This is Tom here!

    First. I think that you have to cut your hair, dress well, and take off your earring , because in first place you must cause a good impression, do you understand? And I think that if you play in a band it doesn’t matter because you can work and in your free time you can play music…
    another thing…
    If you really do want to get this job, you going to have to change your way of being, otherwise you will never get any job
    ok…
    see yah
    TOM

    ResponderExcluir
  4. Hi, vocalist
    What I can see is that you are good for work, you have a good resumé, however the problem is your appearance. Many people forget that it is important for a job interview. The resumé had to be according with what the company wants, and the appearance is important too. You have to look great, wearing good clothes, without piercing and long hair, according to the company. So, when you go to a job interview, don't forget to look if you are well dressed.
    Bye
    Rafaela

    ResponderExcluir
  5. Este comentário foi removido pelo autor.

    ResponderExcluir
  6. Dear Vocalist in Pain,
    You really have a serious problem...
    You can't change who you are,
    on the other hand, you have to get a job!
    You'd better try to find a job where people accept you the way you are, but i think that you will be having problems to find it.
    So, you'd better try to change your hair
    and your outfits... it'll be better for you :)

    xx

    ResponderExcluir
  7. Hey vocalist!

    You'd better cut your hair otherwise you're not going to find a good job or take this degree.
    Sometimes, the prejudice doesn't have influence, but in job cases, we have to know that the appearence counts a lot.

    Think in this a bit, Fabio Wolf. =D

    ResponderExcluir
  8. Heeey guy...
    this is a very delicate moment in your life han?
    i think you'd better cut your hair and get this degree... or you'd better not bother about this and look for another job you like... you should keep playing in your band and looking for jobs who accept you the way you are..
    XOXO

    Liza

    ResponderExcluir
  9. Dear Vocalist in pain,
    You can't change who you are, but can get your life better.
    You may find a job, that peolpe acept who you are! You should look forpeople who are, just like you!
    In your house, for example, you can see that your friends loves you the way tou are!
    The appearance doesn't say who you are, which really says who you are is what is inside in each one of us.
    Bye
    Kaynaha

    ResponderExcluir
  10. Hey vocalist
    I think I understand your problem. You're passing through a serious problem (well, not exactly a problem but you have to make a hard decision). The thing is: a enterprise's avaliation is based also in appearances and that means if they see a guy with a long hair and earrings they will be certainly creating stereotypes upon you. Then my advice to you is this: you´d better be ready to abandon things you like in order to get achievements in your life. By this I don't mean you have to stop being yourself.
    I wish you make a good decision.

    ResponderExcluir
  11. Vocalist in Pain,
    You should try to speak with them...
    If these things keep happening and you feel discriminated, sue them. And they'd better change their mind, discrimination is not allowed nowadays.
    But serious, would you rather play in your band or work with these people?

    ResponderExcluir
  12. hi vocalist,

    i think that you have to change men, you can't get a job in this appeareance.Cut your hair, get nice clothes and ,you'd better keep trying. If you don't want to change, you would rather learn more music to be someone important.

    ResponderExcluir
  13. Hey Vocalist,
    You'd better change your appearence right away man, or you will be rejected all the time by the job interviewr. Appearence is one of the most important things in a job interview, because it is the first impression of your self. The guy there wants intelligent, well-dressed, educated, serious and good on talking people for the job... You'd better cut your hair and wear business clothes to cause a good impression and then, you will be showing to him that you are qualified for the job.
    Good Luck mate!

    ResponderExcluir
  14. Hey Vocalist in Pain

    I think you'd better continue trying to get a job and stop complaining about that. Everyone pass through this once in life.
    Good luck for you

    ResponderExcluir
  15. Ok man here go an advice:
    I'd better get a new look for the next interview, if you don't, your mission will be very very very hard.
    Would you rather a job or play in a band?
    Put your priorities in a list man!!
    Can you urvive with the money that you "win" in your shows? I'm almost sure that you don't.
    So, listen to me, you'd better review what is the best for your social and professional life.
    I'm sure, if you follow my advice, you will be working very soon!!

    ResponderExcluir
  16. posted by Andresa

    You'd better cut your hair and not use your earring anymore,you should change your appearence if you want to get a good job. Like you sad, you have a good college, the only thing that is not right is your bad appearence.

    ResponderExcluir
  17. posted by André
    hey man!
    you'd better trying to change your appearance to get a job or invest in your carrer in the band!
    Now you you have to choice if you would rather to be musician or work in a company?
    good luck !

    ResponderExcluir
  18. Dear vocalist in pain,

    Would you rather cut your hair, to looks like more responsible, and more sirius? I bealive that way, they will take you more sirius...
    I think you should change your closes too, put something more social...

    post by ka!

    ResponderExcluir
  19. Dear Vocalist in pain. At first I would like to invite you to think. What are you expecting from your life? Are you a headbanger but went to study business. And you have a banger type and don't want to change. Why didn't you choose study music? Well, you'd better decided about what will be doing of your life because life goes fast, really fast. You would rather be a musician, but became a businees bachelor. Now is time to think about it seriously. You can be both, since you accept that some things have to change, okay?

    Good look with your choice.

    ResponderExcluir
  20. Dear vocalist in pain,

    Would you rather be a teacher?
    You'd better come to Indaiatuba - SP - Brazil -for teaching English at Yazigi. Here you'll be teaching Business at the best school, besides you can play and you'll not change your appearance. Think on it!

    ResponderExcluir
  21. Dear vocalist,
    In my opinion, you need to choose what you rather be, a musician or work in a company with formal clothes, due to that are different things and ways of life.
    Will you be fine working in a company or, will you be fine playing with a band ?
    That is a choice that only can do !!!
    Good luck !!!

    ResponderExcluir
  22. Hello Vocalist in pain!

    what would you rather be, a vocalist in the band or work in a company? I think that you can be bouth, but for it you'd better change your appearance. As you have noticed, people are prejudice and the first impression is very important to get a job...

    Think.. perhaps you can get bouth!!

    ResponderExcluir
  23. Posted by Natacha

    You'd better following with yours principles and with your ideology..I believe thet a good professional always will be a good professional, independently of the appearence.
    So,I believe that you would better continuous with your long hair and your earring.. We are in the XXI century!!It's about time people finished these prejudice and stereotypes attitudes!! Come on..Would you rather have a great job or be happy?? This choice depends only of you!

    ResponderExcluir
  24. Posted by Natalia
    Hii, really you have a serious problem! You had better cut your hair, change your clothes! If you want to get a good job you had better be more sociable in your next interview. And make your choice, if you want to be a musician or work. Would you rather continue with your apparence? Change your point of view and go sing in some band.
    Good luck for you!

    ResponderExcluir
  25. posted by Edson

    What's up vocalist

    Men...You have to be sociable...

    If I were you I tryed to change my apperence because people usualy are jugding you as you looks like and not how you are.
    People would rather who looks like with them.
    If you will be planning find a job, cut your hair and take off your earring... If you dont want to do that, find some Rock in Roll band and ROCK!!!

    Good luck and when you will be rocking, remember yours poor friends...huahuahuahau

    ResponderExcluir
  26. Hello guy!!!

    You´d better cut your hair and take off your earring if you want to get a job. In this world (the appeareance world) people judge us from our appearence and they create a stereotype for us. If I were you, I´d rather have a god job than to play in a band, because it´s more stable. You will be having more opportunities in your carreer and you can play with your band in your free time, like a hobby.

    Posted by Katia.

    ResponderExcluir
  27. Hello guy!!!

    You´d better cut your hair and take off your earring if you want to get a job. In this world (the appeareance world) people judge us from our appearence and they create a stereotype for us. If I were you, I´d rather have a god job than to play in a band, because it´s more stable. You will be having more opportunities in your carreer and you can play with your band in your free time, like a hobby.

    Posted by Fernanda

    ResponderExcluir
  28. Is difficult but if you want get a job you need adapt your aparence and costuns.
    You should decid if you will work at a Company or will play rock !!!
    Now a day if you have a diferent stile, you will make part of a group !! and this group will stereotypes other groups. it's the life !!!!

    Posted by Leandro

    Good luck \m/

    ResponderExcluir
  29. you need to change your appearance to get a job or if you want chase the walk of music you had better keep your style.
    I think that you will be going more opportunities like a rock singer in the most times the person born with a talent and your talent may be in the music.
    good luck guy!!!

    Posted by Alexandre
    don't worry fucking loser\m/

    ResponderExcluir
  30. Hi Vocalist.

    I think you need to change your stile of dressing, because in companys the people are normaly conservative and than when this people see your long hair and your earring they are a little scared. Think about it...

    Posted by Douglas

    ResponderExcluir
  31. I have been thinking on what i've to say to you and i decided to say just some things that i think they willmaybe help you, however it just depends on yourpoint of view about what im going to say now, so:
    I think you need to have a formal visual.(Remove your earings and use more formal clothes and have your hair cut)
    You play in a band, i don't but I will try to help you with the following tips:
    Try to have a formal languege when you go to ajob interview;Try to get a job that you can "be more yourself" So like i would do if i were in your shoes.
    I already had a problem like this one i was a goth and i never could get a job so i just changed my cloth types to the job interviews start talking more formally and it really worked so i reccomend that you just try if you want toollow my tips to try tomake your job situation better!!
    See you. Bye bye!!

    ResponderExcluir
  32. Wazzup Vocalist In Pain!
    Firts,i think u should kepping searching for a job! u dont need to change nothing in your life! try to find a job that u like! with u want,u can have your hair cut,but this is not necessary! u just do what u think is right!and if u still cant finding a job,u can focus just on your band!u should the band takes more seriously!
    Good luck

    Murilo

    ResponderExcluir
  33. Wazzup Vocalist In Pain!
    Firts,i think u should kepping searching for a job! u dont need to change nothing in your life! try to find a job that u like! with u want,u can have your hair cut,but this is not necessary! u just do what u think is right!and if u still cant finding a job,u can focus just on your band!u should the band takes more seriously!
    Good luck

    Murilo

    ResponderExcluir
  34. Hi man .... so I should you have to continue to search a job for you , but in your area " business" you must have a professional appearance... you need to have your hair cut and if possible you have to start thinking about "put out " your earring.
    Man , it´s very important your appearence in business.. Have your ever stoped to think about it in any moment? yeaah man ...
    You can have your "style" however you always have to think in your professional carrer .. or on the other hands if you have a doubt, you can get many information about clothing, hair , beard on the net.

    Man see you ... if you need .. call me !!!

    Posted By Caio MYP1

    Byeeee

    ResponderExcluir
  35. Dear Vocalist in Pain,
    I saw your problem, and I think I can help you!! o/

    Maybe you should get a job where your style fits in. A lot of friends o'mine had the same problem however they got a job that has their faces. Just keeping looking for (:

    Have you been in trouble?
    So do other people!
    Try to talk with your techers and professor at your college! The can help you too!
    And it this help doens't work, it is time to go to a psychiatrist, they are a great solution! :D

    Why don't you change a little bit your style? Why don't you have your hair cut?
    Little thing that can be the totally difference !!
    You should too enter in a music carrear, your style is nice for this!

    Well I hope it can help you!!
    bye bye *----*

    \o\\o||o||o//o/

    ResponderExcluir
  36. Well... I understand yor problem, because I´ve suffered it. In my oppinion you change a little bit your style. You don´t have to stop using earring, however, I´m sure that you can wear it just when you are not working. If you agree with me, tell your boss about it in your first interview. Probably he will accept youw offer.
    Try to do it, you wont regrat.
    But i´ve been thinking about your problem, when i remember that there was a pacient that appear in my office with the same problem, I told him the same sugestion and it have worked.
    So, good luck!!

    Please answer soon!

    ResponderExcluir
  37. Dear Vocalist in pain,

    I think you have a problem that is not serious. So do I.
    I think you shouldn't chance your style and yourself only because a job, however you need a job. I have been thinking about this situations, because some of my friends have been in the same problem.
    So, you should find a job that's your face. A job that you know you can be yourself. Or...
    Why don't you chance a little bit your style and your appearance ?
    Or ...
    Why don't you study music more and more until you enter in this carrear ?
    You can find some job that you like. *0*

    Hm .. I hope it helps (:

    bye ^^

    ResponderExcluir
  38. Hi! I’ve been reading your text and I was just thinking, maybe you’re not looking for the best job for you. Maybe you should look for some job that have more your style. Or, if you continuous don’t finding a job you should change a little your look. If you only cut your hair, some fingers, it’s not too much. Take off your earring just for the job and tie up your hair it’s a good option if you won’t do anything in your look!
    And the music? Why don’t you invest only on your music? If you like to play, you should do what you like!
    Have you been thinking what to do? So follow your heart and you will see what is more important to your life!
    I know that I haven’t helped you so much, but it’s all I can do!
    By: Máa

    ResponderExcluir